- Sheet Music
- Ship to You - Sheet Music
- 2001: Also Sprach Zarathustra
2001: Also Sprach Zarathustra
2001: Also Sprach Zarathustra (arr. Keeling) - for flute, effects, and backing track
SHIPPED TO YOU - INCLUDES SHEET MUSIC AND BACK TRACK (CD)
*Also available as Digital Download*
This arrangement for electric flute of “2001: Also Sprach Zarathustra” was inspired by Strauss’s great tone poem, as well as Phish’s interpretation of the melody. Here, only the opening fanfare (“Sunrise”) is quoted.
Includes back track (CD).
This is arrangement includes two versions: one with no improvisation, and one with extensive improvisation.
The performer will need four effects pedals in order to perform this piece:
1. Loop Station: this creates the rhythmic engine (the opening beatbox section), and should remain on throughout the performance.
2. Distortion: the distortion pedal should stay on throughout; set it to a moderate (not overwhelming) level of distortion.
3. Delay: places where the stompbox should be engaged are marked in the music with a bracket. Have the delay set to about one second, with a strong feedback level. There should be a noticeable echo after playing a passage.
4. Auto-harmonizer: the interval to be used is left to the performer. Using a third, fifth, or sixth below yields positive results.